Thursday 24 August 2017

You're Worth It #RPGaDay2017

24. Share a PWYW publisher who should be charging more.

Evil Hat offers a lot of quality products on a PWYW basis, funded by their Patreon. They are usually high quality, and could easily go for at least a nominal fee.

But I'm sure everybody already knows about them.


I want to tell you about Flatland Games, the guys who do BEYOND THE WALL and its excellent supplement, FURTHER AFIELD. I reviewed both of those games here, and loved them. Both of these games are not PWYW, but they're so inexpensive they may as well be. But all of the wonderful supplementary character playbooks, adventures, and threat packs are gratis -- not even PWYW. That's right, straight up FREE.

I truly think BEYOND THE WALL and FURTHER AFIELD would be a bargain at twice the price, game books full of great writing, quality art, and playable content. Flatland Games could and should absolutely make their supplementary stuff PWYW, or charge a small fee, because I tell you, they're like CRACK. Or Pokemon. Or Pokemon made out of CRACK. Once you start reading those playbooks, you want them ALL.

John Cocking and Peter S. Williams, I love your stuff, and only wish there was more of it that I could give you money for.

No comments:

Post a Comment